Lightfield is a hyperfuturistic omnidirectional racing game. It is a crossover between classical arcade racing and free flying. You can fly around the tracks freely, but ‘snapping’ to any surface spins the ship around and gives you an extra speed boost. The notions of up and down become irellevant in the progressively more winding levels. This gives players the possibility to find their own lines through the levels and to perfect them for both speed and style. The game is further defined by its abstract art style and level architecture. It draws inspirations from contemporary graphic design and classic sci-fi and it is complemented by the driving electronic music and the sound design by Viennese musician Zanshin.
- Crossover between classical arcade racing and flying.
- Complete freedom of motion yet easily controllable, Fly around freely but snap to any surface for more control and speed
- 7 different tracks in 3 environments (+ reverse tracks)
- 3 game modes (Race, Time Trial, Exploration Mode)
- Up to 4 player local splitscreen multiplayer
- Online multiplayer races and leaderboards
- Perform tricks by drifting and jumping
- Driving electronic IDM music and sound design by Viennese musician Zanshin