Okami comes alive through beautiful scenic 3D levels that have the appearance and texture of paper scrolls brushed with watercolor-like calligraphy art. Playing as Amatarasu, the sun goddess who takes on the form of a wolf, your goal is to bring life back to the world. Bringing life back to the world involves defeating lots of beasts. With each beast you defeat, the world’s life force is restored just a bit, with colors and eventually people appearing.
Okami HD is a remastered version of the breakthrough adventure Okami, featuring enhanced HD graphics, the option of playing in widescreen 16:9 or the original 4:3 display ratio, and even includes the original loading screen mini-game where you can earn bonus demon fangs that can be traded for in-game items.
- Create and destroy at will – Play as a god to re-establish order and beauty to a world laid barren by evil
- Innovative gameplay and control scheme – Defeating monsters requires the usage of not only physical attacks, but also Amaterasu’s ‘Celestial Brush’ to paint the desired powers for decimating enemies and solving puzzles.
- Intense action-packed battles – Rooted in Japanese folklore, fight against a diverse line-up of demons and monsters.
- Utilize various gameplay styles – In addition to the Celestial Brush, Amaterasu can wield three types of offensive weaponry, each with their own unique abilities and effects.
- Intriguing main character – Assume the role of the sun god, Amaterasu, who descends upon the earth in the form of a wolf. The Japanese translation of the word wolf is “Ōkami”
- Original visuals and revolutionary design– Vibrant and inspiring graphics, reminiscent of traditional Japanese art created on paper scrolls, produce a large variety of stages with a watercolor- esque appearance
- Interact with a unique and dynamic cast of characters