EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN is the latest chapter in the beloved “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE” series. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN enters new territory, introducing character customization, a new cast of characters focusing on one of the strongest military units in EDF, equipped with even more advanced gear, tech and weaponry – and a brand-new threat facing the EDF and citizens of Earth.
Since it first launched in 2003 for the PlayStation 2 console, the “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE” series has earned a strong reputation for its relentless third-person wave shooter gameplay and co-op fun, featuring swarms of enemies, a wide array of unique classes and weapons – and charming B-movie dialogue and settings with cities under siege by giant insects, kaiju monsters, and alien invaders.
“EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” Key Features:
- First EDF in Unreal Engine 4: “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” is the best-looking EDF to date. Players will see and feel the difference with an overwhelming number of on-screen alien invaders as well as gigantic kaiju monsters raining down from the sky
- Over 50 Intense, Story Driven Missions: Five levels of difficulty to select from where players can unlock new weapons and items by clearing missions and levels as well as spending Energy Gems currently earned from mission playthroughs
- Master Four Soldier Classes: Recent advancements in PA Gear research has resulted in a variety of updated soldier classes, each with their own critical Over Drive ability to change the tide of battle, including the Trooper whose E-Dodge ability and versatility makes it a strong choice for a variety of situations, the Jet Lifter, whose E-Flight ability and mobility helps maintain control over the skies, the Heavy Striker whose E-Field barrier shields players from damage on the frontlines, and the Prowl Rider whose E-Needle ability let’s players zip across the battlefield
- Co-Op and PvPvE Multiplayer: Staying true to the series’ roots in arcade action, both online and local multiplayer split-screen modes are available. Online supports up to six player co-op – and the new Mercenary mode, which finds two teams competing for Energy Gems gained by defeating enemy waves, which hosts up to 8 players
- Character Customization: For the first time in the EDF series, players will step into the boots of Closer, a decorated war hero who awakens from a seven-year coma. Players can fully customize his or her appearances with vast options including facial expressions, hair styles, body figures, voice types, clothing style, before diving into the game’s character driven campaign