Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth: Eye of the Storm
The third and final part of The Pillars of the Earth, brings the trilogy together in one neat package for the first time. The Pillars of the Earth: Eye of the Storm signs off the entire adventure, bringing the epic conclusion to Follett’s legendary book to life.
Altogether, The Pillars of the Earth trilogy adapts classic adventure mechanics to tell the tale of the fictional English town of Kingsbridge in the 12th century. Players take on the roles of Jack, Aliena and Philip, with their decision making having a direct impact on the events of the book. The story focuses on the town’s efforts to build a cathedral to secure wealth and security.
Set in the midst of The Anarchy – a civil war that raged throughout England and Normandy for almost two decades – The Pillars of the Earth is a story wrapped in intrigue and conspiracy surrounding the big events of the era, as the people of England find the levers of power up for grabs.
Play doesn’t focus on the kings and queens of the day, however, but rather how the political turmoil impacts the people of the street. It’s an epic tale that examines life in medieval England through the story of this town, and the courageous people fighting for its survival.
Featuring more then 200 hand-painted backgrounds created with the help of an expert in Medieval history, The Pillars of the Earth has an artistic storybook quality furthered by its stunning orchestral soundtrack performed by the FILMharmonic Orchestra in Prague.
The Pillars of the Earth trilogy features:
- 21 chapters depicting the famous thousand-page novel
- Interactive storyline events that can be changed, influencing the fates of its characters
- Key decision points with meaningful, emotionally-engaging story choices
- Over 200 hand-painted backgrounds featuring faithful rendition of 12th century life
- Three playable main protagonists, plus two extra playable characters
- An orchestral soundtrack by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague